Sleeping more is not equivalent to resting more and just as you charge your mobile it is essential that you recharge your batteries properly. You are responsible for creating your own space, both physical and mental. It is in your hands to learn to carry out adequate sleep hygiene.
In this post we discover the keys to improve the quality of your sleep .
What you shouldn't do p >
- Avoid having stressful conversations with your partner or discussing work issues before going to sleep that may cause you anxiety
- Exercising daily is very important, but avoid doing it just before going to sleep because your body will be "accelerated" and it will be difficult for you to sleep
- Obviously avoid caffeinated or caffeinated drinks a few hours before going to sleep. Don't go overboard with alcohol either! It may help you fall asleep but once its effect wears off you become more prone to waking up
- Avoid heavy dinners
- Do not go to bed directly after dinner < li> If you take a nap, do not let it exceed 20 minutes. If you notice that it takes you away from sleep during the night, do not do it directly
- Do not interrupt your sleep. Go to the bathroom before you go to sleep and make sure you are not hungry or thirsty. You can always leave a glass of water on the table in case you wake up in the middle of the night you don't have to get up to get it
- The bed is for sleeping!
- Don't look at the television or ipad in bed
- Do not eat in bed
- Do not take your mobile in bed to review emails or update your Instagram feed or other social networks
- Of course: light reading can help you fall asleep
What you should do
< li> Having a routine schedule is very important for your body, try not to change your schedule and get up and go to bed at the same time each day
- Take a hot bath to increase relaxation and facilitate transit to the sleep phase.
- Maintain the environmental conditions of your room at an optimal and favorable level for falling asleep: good ventilation, dim light, no noise, no distractions, correct temperature (not too cold or too hot), adequate mattress and sheets, etc. li>
- Pro-tip: you can purify the air in your room before going to sleep using our ceramic diffuser and a relaxing essential oil such as lavender or calming such as cedar
- Practice some relaxation or meditation exercise before going to bed . The world of meditation has evolved a lot and practicing it alone at home is easier than ever by following videos or guided tutorials in apps like Calm or Headspace
- Once you start to yawn or feel dreams, go to bed immediately, by not doing it for the next 15 minutes the dream disappears and does not return for an hour and half later!
Remember that everything you do to improve the quality of your sleep will have a positive effect on your well-being so time will not be wasted if not invested. < / p>
To return toJust The Essentials